SASHIKO LEATHER DOG COLLAR
The Sashiko collars are hand cut and made with the finest Vegetable tanned Walpier Buttero range of leathers from Italy and using solid brass accessories from an age old foundry in England.
The collars are hand stitched with age old Japanese techniques to mending stitching using quality french linen thread and then finished with a natural beeswax and will soften with it’s own beautiful patina with age. The leather being vegetable tanned without the use of harmful chemicals will have its own patina and personality meaning that no two collars will be identical.
SASHIKO LEATHER DOG COLLAR are available in 3 sizes.
- S: 12“-15” - 1“ wide
- M -14“-17”- 1“ wide
- L - 16”-20”- 1“ wide
- XL - 19”-24” - 1” wide
ECO-LEATHER THAT HAS BEEN VEGETABLE TANNED.
- Seldom Found uses only Eco-leather that has been vegetable tanned using zero harmful Chrome toxins which is unfortunately still used in the majority of leather today which is harmful to human and animal health and the Earth.
- Vegetable tan leather is Recyclable as it does not use harmful toxins. Therefore it is natural and ecologic.
- 50% less water is used in the production of vegetable tanned leather compared to other leathers making a far less impact on wastage on the industry.
- Vegetable leather lasts longer, takes longer to produce and a slow mindful process, is healthier all to use, better quality than other leather, better for nature and ages beautifully.
- We use leather destined for wastage, we never use leather of animals produced for their skins. We only use leather destined for wastage as a by product to consumption.
The leather will be kept in good condition with a layer of natural beeswax balm for leather and the brass using a brass cleaner.